Friday, October 22, 2010

More Lame Cryonics Excuses

A representative of Cryonics Institute (CI) writes to inform me that my suggestion CI "sever all ties with the American Cryonics Society (ACS), would result in CI having to put their 19 cryopreserved members of ACS "out in the warm." Good luck with that lame excuse.
Thanks to some territorial embalmers, and the attention the Ted Williams scandal brought to cryonics, the great State of Michigan has protected cryopreserved persons, by regulating CI as a cemetery. I don't care what kind of contract ACS has with CI, those 19 cryopreserved bodies aren't going anywhere.
The person who wants me to believe CI would have to defrost ACS's members, if they severed ties with ACS, must think I'm stupid. Does anyone really believe Swank and Yount would demand CI hand over those 19 people? Get real. Even if the State of Michigan would allow them to remove those persons, (and I don't think they would), where would Swank and Yount take them? Haven't Swank and Yount had enough negative attention?
The excuse about protecting those 19 cryopreserved bodies was just that...an excuse for protecting two seriously unethical cryonics "experts/leaders." Again...I think it is time for someone at CI to step up to the plate, and do the right thing...but I won't be holding my breath.

No comments: